Monday, October 6, 2008

Entry 06/10/08

It was a great weekend, I got up with the thought that it would be the last day of my life, and it felt great, I got up at the crack of dawn and decided to take my dog for a walk,shame he's got to be the only poor soul to put up with me, he's seen me in the worst of times and best of times, good faithful dog I say,it was a good stroll, nice and relaxing, I came home and chilled most of the day, plans in the night would unfold, but just the thought of getting ready started eating at me, the effort pulled me down under.
I decided to cook supper for my parents, so I went out for inspiration, I strolled around Bedford for awhile, I went into KFC to fuel my hunger for some good ol greasy chicken, as I was ordering, I saw something that put a smile on my face and touched me on the inside, a little girl who couldn't even reach the counter ordered a Chicky Meal, she ordered with not a care in the world, she didn't care if people were staring, she had one goal and that goal in time was to get her Chicky Meal and her toy, I don't even think she wanted the chicken she was more fascinated with the toy. I grabbed my meal and smiled all the way out.

I got home and started making a light soup for the noodles, as the soup was cooking I started chopping up green peppers, ginger, garlic, onions, chili, carrots and chicken. I started firing up the wok, when the heat was intense enough I whipped everything together and started cooking up a frenzy. I love the sound of stir fry.

It's what all Cantonese love saying "Eat and be happy"

No comments: